Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1. I believe that Arthur Miller is taking things a bit extreme, our culture is changing because of advertising but I do not think our culture is solely advertising. I think that advertising is a new, and a growing part of our culture.
2. I feel like the western countries are more susceptible to advertising because we seem to have more opportunities to be advertised to. Although I do not think that Americans are exceptionally susceptible compared to others that have comparable amounts of media.
3. some elements of ads today are that they both try to relate to us, and show us a better version of our lives, implying there product will lead us there. I think the biggest way to guard against advertising is to be confident in what you believe. because if you are not then you are not confident you will be much more susceptible to the emotional advertising of products.
4.i think its hard to know what the future will hold, but i think the more successfull advertisements will be those that get our attention in unconventional ways. recently they have been pushing product placement, tv ads and other things of the digital form. But i think people are becoming numb to for pop ups, and the commercials, and especially the blatant product placement. I think we will see more creative physical ads maybe like these. very eye catching, clear, and gets the respect of the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment